Monday, August 20, 2012

God's House

The other day Chuckles and I are driving home, listening to a worship CD and we had an interesting conversation.

The conversation started by Chuckles asking if this song was about Jesus who died for us.
Yes, yes it is.  A few minutes later, I find myself talking about how, when it is time, we will leave earth and go and live in God's house.  What follows is a shortened version of the rest of our conversation...


C: "...and live with Jesus in God's house?"

Me: "Yes sweetheart, earth is temporary...not permanent, when it is time, I will go and live with God and Jesus in God's house."

C: "No, I don't want you to go live with Jesus in God's house, I want you to stay in our house with me..."

...and after a long pause, there were words spoken by this three and half year old boy, that I will never forget...

C: "Julie, Jesus lives in our hearts.  So you don't need to leave and go to God's house to live with Jesus, because you already live with Jesus."

For Chuckles, that was the end of the conversation, it made perfect sense to him, that no one needs to go to heaven, because we already live with Jesus and God in our hearts and lives, so why leave.  It also didn't help that my initial response was that of wow, and uhhhhhhhhhhh....

I am blessed with a wonderful family to nanny for.  They love God and it shows in their words and actions.  They have a new addition, a beautiful little girl, I will refer to as Spud.  Chuckles loves Spud and is always doting on her and wanting to 'pet' her.  I thank God every day for the blessing of this family.  I am blessed.

Jules

No comments:

Post a Comment