Monday, April 30, 2012

Fabulous Weekend

What a wonderful weekend!  I had a four day weekend as the family was out of town.  It started with a mani/pedi on Friday morning.  My nails look great, by the way!

After the mani/pedi it was off to D.C. for some lunch from trucks with my amazing friend Lily.  She just got an awesome new job, so, since I had the day off, it worked out for us to have lunch.  We both had fish tacos.  They were SO DELICIOUS!

From lunch I went to the Library of Congress!  What a wonderful, beautiful place.  I am now a card holder so I can go into the research sections.  :):)  Oh yeah!!!!!!!  If you come out here, you MUST go to the Jefferson Building at least.

I then took a circuitous route to the White House.  I was meeting my friend Jess to head to Happy Hour.  So Jess and I headed to Crystal City, to one of my favorite restaurants, Jaleo (pronounced Ha lay O).  Many friends joined us there.  We had such fun eating tapas and drinking sangria, we did not want the evening to end.  So we decided to get some Thai food for dinner.  This was hilarious because we weren't really hungry after all the tapas.  

Saturday morning began with coffee and picking up Jess for a project called Rebuilding Together.  Rebuilding Together is a lot like Habitat for Humanity only it does more renovation than building. :)  Jess got to do some demo work, which she found very satisfying, and I spent some time with other friends attempting to lay pavers down.  We definitely learned a lot!  I almost may have gotten teased a bit for my slightly OCD approach to laying them.  :)  I just wanted them to look good! ;)

From there I swung home to get in a quick shower and catch a movie with Lily.  After which I headed straight to a youth event called MERGE.  Our wonderful youth pastor TJ, throws these events once a month as a non-Church based event the youth can bring their friends to and just have a grand ol' time.  The youth had an absolute blast.  They played dodgeball on a tennis court, and just dance at a youth's home.  I was there for the dodgeball and actually got a kiddo out!  WHOO HOO.  (For those of you who do not know, I am NOT good at dodgeball, but I do have fun!)  After this, I ordered Chinese food and drank a glass of red.  Mmmmmm.

Sunday morning came early.  Well, technically it didn't, but you should know by now that I do not like to wake up in what the world calls... morning! :)  I actually have learned that I enjoy having a full day of accomplishments, just don't tell my dad!  I still remember him waking me up 45 minutes before I needed to be up for work, to have me work on Christmas cards.  Yes, my beloved daddy!  No, I was not thrilled with him at that moment!  :)  I know I live 1,092 miles away from Daddy, but somehow, some way, if he wanted, he could get me up 45 minutes before I needed to be up, to do something he thought was important.  I love my Daddy!

Anyhoo, back to Sunday.  I actually showed up to church 10 minutes early.  Yes, I know.  Well, I needed to be there for some stuff and didn't want to be late.  Y'all know how we Wests are!  Anyhoo, again, there was a really good sermon this Sunday.  I love it when the sermon is poignant, when it really speaks to me, or something I need to be doing in my life.

After church, the Young Adults went to a restaurant called Texas de Brazil.  Ummmmm, do you like steak?  I do!  And this place is all about meat!  YUMMMMMM!  Any place that comes around with unlimited steak, chicken, and pork is a HAPPY PLACE!!  SOOOOO HAPPY!  Our pastor Eduardo indroduced us to this place, and you bet we toasted him!! THANK YOU EDUARDO!  Not just for the delicious food, but for the wonderful sermon!  Thank you!

After dinner, I was ready for a nap.  And I took one!  A full twenty seven minutes!  After that it was off to RAMP!  (Yes, I did manage to take a short nap, and make it somewhere after.)  RAMP was amazing, as per usual.  I was definitely challenged this RAMP.  Thank you Lord for so many youth in my life and for your guidance that night!  

Monday morning did NOT come early.  I slept in til after 8:00 a.m.  I did not do much this morning.  I watched Torchwood on Netflix.  I did take some time to work out!  Yay, big accomplishment for the day.  I had a dentist appointment this afternoon.  I have not had a dentist checkup for approximately 10 years.  Considering that, the appointment wasn't that bad.  I need to floss. ;)  

Even with the dentist appointment today, I had a wonderful weekend!  It was full of good friends and good food.  Who could ask for anything better?

God Bless,

Jules

No comments:

Post a Comment